I remembered when I found out I was pregnant with my first son, I was so excited I felt like I was dreaming. It actually took me a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant to actually realize it was not a dream. I would hear so many stories from my friends and they made it seem like becoming a mother is like the best thing in the world and your life gets easier. I mean it is one of the best things in life, but let me be honest with you, your life does not get easier, but it gets better as being a mother is the most rewarding job.
After I had my kids, I noticed that my life changed a lot and I would like to discuss them with you. So, please do not leave this page, until you finish reading this post.
1. You no longer have any privacy – I used to hear a lot when I was pregnant with my kids and I just ignored it. I wish that I did not! You really have no privacy . Every single time I go to the restroom, I either have the baby crawling and following me or Josiah walking inside the bathroom to talk my ear off. You hardly have time to yourself, the time that you had to yourself ends the same day you give birth.
2. Your body changes – Some women bodies do change. Some gain weight or stretch marks while some become depressed because of this change. As women, it is a gift to give birth and we all have to support and encourage each through the process of motherhood. I always tell women to not let the weight or stretch marks bother them and to just try and focus on their bundle of joy and being the best mother they can be.
3. Laundry day turns into laundry days – I remembered when it was just my husband and I, laundry day was just on Saturdays. Now, with two kids it is so much different and we had to add another day to the get all laundry completed.
4. You no longer sleep within regular hours – When I first got married my husband and I would sleep in until 2 o’clock in the afternoon on Saturdays. We were living life, but when our children came into our world that changed. We get up at least 6 a.m. every morning and our kids are our alarm clock. We either hear the baby cry or Josiah saying that he is so hungry. There’s no more sleeping as the only time you have to sleep is either when they are sleeping or when you put them to sleep.
5. Money will be tight – Being a parent is an extra expense added to your monthly bills. Children are expensive but as mothers we always want to put our kids before us and make the sacrifice to provide the best for them. You are going to want to always want to buy them things before you buy yourself anything. It’s just a motherly thing that we do right ? When I pay all my bills, what is left goes to my children. They deserve the best in life.
Thank you for taking the time out to read this entire post about my opinion on five things that changes when you become a mother. Please give me your feedback and let me know about your experiences as we are here to help each other.